For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, John 3:16 (NRSV)
Click on the image for the 2013 Christmas schedule
We have approached Advent; the season in Christian churches of great expectation and wonder. As we look forward to Christmas, some personsalso dread the pre-Christmas rush that can leave us overwhelmed, exhausted, and stressed. Please read on for some helpful tips to keep you moving through this period with a smile and hopefully laughter and cheer to spread around.
1) Focus. Do one thing at a time. Writing a list is helpful to keep yourself organized. Complete one chore or activity before going on to the next.
2) Allocate to other family members so one or two persons are not left to complete all of the extra pre holiday chores.
3) Minimize. Cut out excesses whether it is food, parties, or gifts.
4) Simplify. Who says a party has to have three kinds of appetizers, salads, or desserts to be a success? Fellowship is the important part.
5) Personal time. Give yourself a few minutes of down time 2 or 3 times each day to meditate or nap and rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit.
6) Laughter. Take time everyday to laugh and enjoy life.
7) Resourcefulness. If you think you can’t do it, you likely can’t, but if you think you can, you will find a way. Brainstorm solutions.
8) Ask a friend to lunch. Bet you both need a break, and to share a real moment. Actually sit down across the table from each other and truly catch up on life stories and blessings.
9) Give back. Buy a gift or 2 for the children on our star trees, donate food to the pantry next door, give money to a favorite charity in a friend’s name, take cookies or a casserole to an elderly neighbor.
10) Enjoy. Take time to truly enjoy Christmas. As we celebrate Christ’s birth, genuinely reconnect with Our Lord Jesus honoring who he is and what He stands for in our lives.
Peace and joy,
Betty Leppard, Parish Nurse
Click HERE to download the
Emergency Health Form
for Sunday School.
To see pictures of the Advent Brunch click on the image below.
Check out the St. Paul page on Facebook. Just click on the icon and you'll go there.
Daily devotionals from the United Church of Christ are on the website. Click here to go to the devotional page.
The 2013 - 2014 Fine Arts Schedule is available.
The December Our St. Paul Newsletter is available.
The Bulletins and News and Notes for December 8th are available.
The OSP has gone electronic - sign up for electronic delivery on the website
Did you know that you can listen to the St. Paul Sunday worship service from anywhere in the world? Just click on Listen to KSTL at 9:00 a.m. or 9:00 p.m. local time on Sunday and a window will open with KSTL's broadcast.
St. Paul United Church of Christ115 West B Street,Belleville, Illinois 62220
Telephone 618-233-3303Fax 618-233-1122
Visit the Staff page for email links.
Traditional worship with the St. Paul Choir at 9:00 a.m. Christian Education for all ages at 10:10 a.m. Also coffee hour at this time. An informal, family and children friendly, Celebration Service at 11:15.
Copyright © 2007-2012, St. Paul United Church of Christ, Belleville, Illinois